home style photo dish weddings tables shop chicks

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Caprese Salad with Parmesan and Oregano infused Oil

I needed to bring a salad or an appetizer to my last book club meeting, and I decided to go with a Caprese salad because it fits both categories, and it is downright yummy! But as I was making it I got a little bored with the classic recipe, so I decided to embellish a little. I infused the oil with parmesan, fresh oregano, and fresh garlic. I loved the result and thought I would share. Here's the recipe:

WB 027

  • Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella (approximately 2 lbs.)
  • Vine ripened tomatoes (approximately 6)
  • Fresh basil (1 bunch)
  • 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Fresh oregano (4 or 5 sprigs)
  • 1/4 cup Fresh grated parmesan
  • Fresh garlic (3 cloves)
  • Freshly grated course ground pepper
  • Salt

Slice the fresh mozzarella and tomatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Layer onto a plate placing a basil leaf in between each slice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Put the oil, parmesan, oregano, and garlic into a blender and frappe until completely smooth. Drizzle the oil over the tomato and mozzarella plate. You may not use all the oil, depending on the size of the plate. Garnish with extra basil leaves. Serve immediately.

Try this and tell me if you like it. Ciao!

Signature

WhipperBerryLogo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails